Monday, November 1, 2010

A Not-So Happy Halloween

Alternately Titled: Mother of the Year Award = FAIL

Perhaps you were wondering why I got this look yesterday?  Allow me to explain.

Yeah, so this would be the second time that someone else has clued me in to the fact that Jack may not be feeling so well.  When we went over to my mom and dad's to celebrate my mom's birthday on Saturday, she mentioned that Jack felt a little warm to her.  I hadn't noticed anything and suggested that perhaps it was because I'd just taken his warm coat off.  Incorrect.

After we got home, he seemed to go downhill rather quickly.  Super fussy - very warm.  He definitely had a  fever.  And, out of nowhere, a horrible, hacking cough.  It kept him up through some of the night.  He had a very rough Halloween.  Poor thing:(  He was not into trick-or-treating at all, and I was only able to get him into his costume for about 45 seconds. 

Here are some of our photos from the festivities:

Jack was convinced the potato head was missing from the packaging...

until Daddy showed him that the pieces were to make a Mr. Pumpkin Head!

Jack adored Mr. Pumpkin Head

This was the best picture of the three of them together


Jack and I made Halloween cookies

Then we tried to get dressed in his costume...

and as you can see,

he was not having it.

Oh well.

Maybe next year...




No comments: