Wednesday, April 20, 2011

26 Weeks

(look who decided to join my photo shoot today)

Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 26 weeks (and 2 days)
Size of Baby: Peanut weighs a full two pounds and is now over nine inches long.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: She can now open her eyes and could possibly react to bright light and loud sounds from inside the belly.
Total Weight Gain: 26 1/2 pounds
Maternity Clothes: I'm reaching the point where my non-maternity shirts are becoming not quite as adorable as they were.  I'm starting to feel like a "fat guy in a little coat" (Tommy Boy reference...if you haven't seen it, you need to). 
Gender: A girl...we still can't quite believe it.
Movement: Yes, although Jack does not understand enough and/or isn't patient enough to catch her on the go.  When I tell him she's moving, he says, "But I can't see her!"
Sleep: I can definitely still sleep, but I'm in search of a full body pillow because now I'm needing a pillow between my knees to be comfortable.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.
Cravings: Marshmallows.  Chocolate-covered Peeps - heaven, I tell you.  Salad.  Banana smoothies.
Symptoms: I've had some growing pains this week.  I have to go to the bathroom constantly.  Bending over is not as easy as it used to be.
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: My mother-to-be massage...you never really know that your fingers or hips are stressed until someone helps you relax them.  It was so wonderful...I would go every week if I could afford it.



No comments: