Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big Boy Bedroom 101

This weekend really began our Big Boy Bedroom project.  In the next month, we'll be moving Jack into his new big boy room, and then we'll be working on a very girly nursery.  I am very excited because as of yet, I haven't done too much in the way of getting ready for a new baby other than buy a few, adorable pink outfits here and there:)

About a week ago, we had ceiling fans installed in the kids' bedrooms.  They are both smaller in size and white, and we love them!  Jack was so excited to see his new light:)

This weekend, we began the room transformation from white to blue.  Jack and Brad picked out the blue color on the bottom.  We were going to paint the whole room one color, but then...

Daddy came home from work on Friday with an idea that a chair rail in each of the kids' bedrooms would look really nice.  So he set to work with his new man tools, and he and I decided on a lighter shade of blue for the top of the room.

Daddy really loves his new laser level that self-sticks to the wall.

Here we are in the midst of our painting process.

Painting complete.

Here's Jack's reaction to his newly painted big boy bedroom.  Notice his "uh-oh" moment!

Installing the chair rail, which is where we are now in the big boy bedroom process.

When we are finished, we'll have a lovely transportation-themed room for our little man, and he just can't wait!

Note: While I do not appear in any of the photos, I assure you that I helped.  In fact, I painted the whole lower level (with our pregnancy-safe paint, mind you)!  I even successfully marked one whole area for the chair rail using the new man tool.  I may or may not have self-stuck the tool incorrectly, peeling off a chunk of wall in the process.  Good thing we hadn't painted that part just yet:)  I assure you I have since learned how to use said man tool successfully!

More to come later...Jack's big boy furniture was delivered yesterday, so once we get the chair rail done and put the furniture together, I'll do another post to show our progress:)

What do you think so far?

1 comment:

Laura and family said...

Hi! :) I just came across your blog. We got my son Gabe the same bedding/decor from Target and I have been looking around for ideas to pull it all together. I'm excited to see your little man's room put together!