Tuesday, April 26, 2011

27 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 27 weeks (and 1 day)
Size of Baby: Peanut is about 15 inches long from head to toe and weighs a little over two pounds.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: This is the last week of our second trimester together, and by now she can probably recognize my voice and maybe Brad and Jack's.
Total Weight Gain: I'm going to say 28 1/2 pounds because I couldn't possibly have gained 4 1/2 pounds in one week, right?  My scale must be broken. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes - but it's finally warmer outside and I can start wearing some of my spring/summer maternity clothes, which I happen to think are much cuter.
Gender: All girl:)
Movement: As we speak.  And not just little thumps anymore, but shifting of body parts.  The belly is moving like crazy these days!
Sleep: The body pillow is helping, but I've had a couple of nights where my legs hurt so much it's hard to fall asleep.  And I'm definitely having to get up at least once, maybe twice to go to the bathroom.
What I miss: Going several hours without having to go potty.  I'm at the point where I can no longer avoid public restrooms if I choose to.
Cravings: Klondike Peanut Butter Cup Bars, smoothies, and milkshakes.  Might have something to do with my scale problem...
Symptoms: I'm just a little achy, but nothing that isn't totally worth it!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: Her little baby body shifting is pretty amazing.

No comments: