Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our Very Productive Weekend

Our weekend was so busy - I'm very amazed at how much we accomplished in such a short amount of time.  Here's the list of all we've done:

  • changed and washed our bed linens
  • dusted our bedroom
  • vacuumed our floor (via our Roomba - which I LOVE)
  • washed many loads of laundry
  • baked blueberry muffins (which Jack helped me to make, but refused to eat even though Daddy and I enjoyed them thoroughly)
  • went to SoccerTots
  • painted Jack's big boy bedroom (entire post planned to show our progress!)
  • went to church
  • went grocery shopping
  • napped
  • made Southern-style banana cream pudding (which Jack was finally convinced to taste and then decided he LOVED it)
  • folded and put away tons of laundry
  • made Sunday Steak Dinner (oh, how we've missed you!)
  • gave Jack a shower
  • cleaned our bathroom in great detail


To say the least, I am exhausted.  Happy about all we've done, but exhausted.


It doesn't help that this adorable little boy you see here has has thrown at least one all-out tantrum every day for the last week (I'm pretty sure).  Clearly, we are doing something wrong.  I need an instruction manual or a self-help book.  Or Super Nanny.  Something.  


He's such a sweetheart.  We just also need him to be a good listener and not so defiant.  Or fickle.  And then we can all be happy and go to sleep after reading stories together.  It was another one of those nights, and he and I both cried for a good ten minutes when it was all said and done.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day behavior-wise.  Keep your fingers crossed for me...

No comments: