Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Baptism, Baby Girl!

Yesterday was a special day for our baby bear.  Hannah was baptized during our 9 o'clock church service in front of our family and friends.  

Both little ones did very well.  Hannah was as wiggly as ever, and Jack never stopped moving either, but all in all, they did wonderfully.  Right before the baptism, as we were standing next to the fountain of water, it was clear to me that Hannah thought she was about to get a bath because her little arms and legs were flying and she was super-excited.  During the actual baptism, she looked a little confused because it wasn't quite what she'd been expecting - but no tears!  What a joyful morning:)

She looked so pretty in her ruffly, white and pink layered dress, headband, and shoes (her first shoes!), but none of the pictures showed off her outfit enough, so I've decided when I go to get her professional six month pictures taken, I'm going to take the outfit to have her photographed in it.  Too beautiful to pass up...

Her "Uncle" Drew, Brad's best friend from college (also, the best man at our wedding), drove up to participate in his role as Hannah's godfather.  My sister is Hannah's godmother, but unfortunately she wasn't able to attend the baptism because she suffered some kind of nasty bite and was admitted into the hospital on Friday night.  We missed her like crazy:(

Us and Uncle Drew

Daddy, Hannah, and Drew

Happy Girl

With Aunt Jess - poor kiddos were ready to leave at this point.  Can you tell?

After the baptism, we came back to our house for a celebratory brunch.  I was so excited because I found an inspirational photo on Pinterest, and then my sister and I drafted a plan replacing their menu with my own.  I stayed up late Saturday night preparing the table as much as I could, and I was very pleased with how it turned out.  It makes me excited for kiddie birthdays that are getting nearer and nearer to being right around the corner:)  Do I have pin boards for those events?  I do.



Hannah's roses are blossoming today

The brunch table - note the symmetry

Cookies I purchased from Etsy

Details

A donut hole tree - made especially for us by my mom and Aunt Jojo

My love affair with mason jars has begun

So very pretty

Individual servings of southern style banana cream pudding - note the use of glassware only

It was such a special morning, and I just want to say thank you to all of our friends and family that helped to make Hannah's baptism so memorable. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

God bless little Hannah : )

FYI...for the future if you are looking for cookies, this is a local mom from our school.
http://www.sugarcookiecreations.com/gallery.html