Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We Needed This


Yesterday was January 31st.  I think it was 65 degrees outside - beautiful and sunny.


We had scheduled a play date at the park after work - we found out on the way there that our friend had already fallen into a mud puddle and was headed home, but we seized the opportunity anyway.  I'd already stopped by the house to get warm weather jackets, snacks and drinks, and my camera.  


And did I mention it was beautiful outside?


We needed this.  After a miserable Monday, and, dare I say it, an even more miserable morning, my little lovelies and I needed an afternoon at the park.  To be outside, to be watching my little man run around and make new friends while my baby girl snuggled down on my chest, to be relaxed and present and in the moment....we needed it.


God is good.



***********

A big thank you to my cousin Kathleen - your comments on my last post helped me feel better.  While I don't want others to feel overwhelmed, it's nice to know that I'm not alone...that the feeling is normal, and that even those people that seem like everything runs like a well-oiled machine (you - and with four children!) get overwhelmed.  I will try my best to embrace your new words for me: nurture and simplify (although, I have to be honest, and say that I did truly believe that a menu board would help to simplify my dinner decisions - I see now that there is probably a simpler way).  So thank you for sharing...us kindred spirits - perfectionists -  have to help each other out every now and then.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you got out with your babes on this beautiful day : )

Don't know if you've come across this mommy blog http://momastery.com/blog/ ...but very funny and very real.