Friday, July 27, 2012

Hannah's Birthday Party

Last Friday night, we were very busy transforming the main level of our house into a party space for Hannah's first birthday party.  I'd been planning for awhile, and had settled on a Minnie Mouse party since Miss Hannah always gets excited when Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on TV.  I'd found the perfect party outfits for our guest of honor, along with some beautiful Minnie Mouse decorations.  We were all set!

On Saturday afternoon, we celebrated our tiniest tot with our immediate family and our closest friends.  The birthday girl had a blast, and I think she felt rather special.    

Hannah's birthday outfit

Hannah woke up right before her party and snuggled her lovey as party guests arrived

Party outfit #2 (minus the tutu) - post cake smash

Birthday bottle with Grampy

Hannah loved the birthday bear

Playing with Grammy and birthday balloons

Three little friends play with Hannah's new toys

Grampy

Hannah and Grandma

Coming through

Did you call me?

Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Jess

Kimmee and Derek

Family photo

Happy girl with her balloons

Proud Papa

Carrying her new Minnie Mouse backpack around

Grandpa, Hannah, Grandma, and Jack

Carrying her "purse"

Birthday hugs from Hannah

We'd like to say a very special thank you to our family and friends for celebrating this very special, very emotional day with us.  It is amazing to have so many people around you who love your little ones almost as much as you do.  Our babies are very lucky:)

I'd also like to say a very special thank you to Rypie, my sister, who somehow evaded my camera and is not in the pictures above.  I really tried this time to take just as many pictures of the guests as I did the details (coming in a separate post).  I do love party details, but of course, I love our family and friends more!  Anyway, back to my sister...she ran around the morning of the party, buying flowers, lemons, and strawberries and picking up cake, balloons, and sandwiches.  I wouldn't host a single, successful party without her domestic help, and while I think she knows it, she deserves some accolades:)

No comments: