Monday, July 9, 2012

"Nobody eats what you make!"

Hmm...how to tell you this, friends?

I've suffered another Pinterest fail.  Perhaps you're familiar with my first one.  Remember the baby in a pumpkin photo shoot?  Yeah, that one.

Well, I wanted to make red, white, and blue strawberries for the Fourth, but after the Flag Fruit Pizza, we ran out of time.  I found the recipe on Pinterest, and it seemed really easy and the strawberries looked delicious.  I decided to make them on Sunday night to have as dessert after our Sunday Steak Dinner.

Here's what they looked like on Pinterest:



Here's what mine looked like:


I can't explain why they look like an eleven year old made them.  I can assure you that I worked alone. Jack was disinterested.

Anyway, Monday night after dinner, no one wanted my strawberries except for me:(  So as I stood at the sink scarfing them down, Jack walked by and calmly stated, "Nobody eats what you make."  

He wasn't trying to be rude, just making an observation as to how he sees things.  He would be right that both he and Daddy passed up on Flag Fruit Pizza and Fourth of July Strawberries.  At least my little Peanut liked my Flag Fruit Pizza:)

So as he walked by and calmly told it how it was, we had to chuckle.  So matter of fact.  And honest.  

Maybe now's a good time to start working on tact.  Any ideas?

PS - The strawberries might have looked less than desirable, but I assure you - to.die.for.

No comments: