Saturday, July 14, 2012

Master Manipulator

Moments ago, we tucked Jack into bed.  I know - it's late.  But tonight was a special occasion.  Aunt Jessica and Uncle Jimmy had their engagement party tonight, and we got home late and then got the kids ready for bed.

Because of our super-late night, we told Jack that tonight we were going to skip The Animal Game.  I've blogged about The Animal Game before, but if you missed it, it's basically a guessing game we play where one of us describes a secret animal and the other two take turns guessing what that animal is.  Jack is very good at it:)  Me?  Notsomuch.

Anyway, tonight we were skipping the animal game.  I snuggled my little man, gave the boys a kiss, and headed out the door, leaving them for their snuggle time.  Awhile later, when Brad came into our room, he had this story to tell:

Apparently they laid in silence for awhile, but after a few minutes, Jack, out of nowhere, says, "Dinosaurs are the biggest animals in the world," a statement he knows to be false.

To which Daddy replied, "No, Buddy.  Dinosaurs aren't the biggest animals in the world.  What's the biggest animal in the world?"  While waiting for Jack's response, Brad realizes HE'S PLAYING THE ANIMAL GAME!


"Did you just trick me into playing the animal game?" Daddy asked.

Jack, adorably, smiles and says, "The blue whale," knowing full well that he did, indeed, trick Daddy into playing the animal game.

*****

While we're laughing about it and reminiscing in our room, Jack calls out, "Mommy, I need a cuddle!"  When I went in to snuggle him, he looked up at me with those big, blue eyes, and said, giggling, "I tricked Daddy into playing the animal game!"

I laughed so hard, I cried.

He definitely keeps us on our toes:)

No comments: