Saturday, February 23, 2013

Moments ago...

Tonight while tucking Jack into bed, he asked if we could all play The Animal Game.  I gave it three valiant attempts, and all three times, the boys guessed my animal within the first two questions - I think I give up.

Take 1:

     Jack: How many legs does it have?

     Mommy: Two.

     Daddy: Is it a kangaroo?

     Mommy: Really?!?!  Yes, it was a kangaroo!

Take 2:

     Jack: What shape are its ears?

     Mommy: I don't know - triangular?

     Jack: Does it have antlers?

     Mommy: Not really.  I don't know...

     Daddy: Is it a giraffe?

     Mommy (kicking and squirming):  Are you kidding me?!?!  Yes, it was a giraffe.

     Daddy (laughing hysterically): There aren't many animals with quasi-antlers.


At this point, Jack starts to feel bad for me that my animals aren't going so well, and Daddy and I are laughing so hard that we're almost crying.  He was being very sweet and wanted to make sure that my feelings weren't hurt!

I tried one more time, thinking of the most general animal I could come up with so as not to have an awkward question that would immediately give away my animal.

Take 3:

     Daddy: Does it live on land or in the water?

     Mommy: On land.

     Jack: What color is its nose?

     Mommy: Black.

     Daddy: Is it a bear?

     Mommy:  Are you serious?  It lives on land and it has a black nose and you know it's a bear?!?!
     Yes, it was a bear.  Now I'm really done.

We laughed some more and decided we'd give The Animal Game a rest, and I'd do some animal research.  Jack suggested I try a snake or a dolphin...

*****

Then - there was this:

{don't worry - I fixed her little leg after I took the picture!}

*****

I'll be back later to catch up on the week and a half I missed.  I have no excuses except for the fact that I was tired!


No comments: