Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day becomes a whole other beast when you have little kids.  This year, in congruence with my words for 2013, I really tried to focus my energy on having a nice, family Valentine's Day.  I think we succeeded.  The kids had fun and felt special, and that made me feel good.

As promised, here are the kids' valentines that they passed out to their friends:
{only after having a little boy do you think that plastic bug valentines for your little girl is an adorable idea!}

Jack really wanted to give out candy this year - although he was given the choice of the bug valentines as well.

The night before Valentine's Day, Brad and I came up with five things we love about each of our little lovelies, and then I wrote them on hearts and put them on their bedroom doors for them to see in the morning.  Jack thought it was the cutest thing!


I took some pictures of Jack and Hannah before we left for school in the morning because they just looked so super cute in their little outfits.

They were being so silly together!

We planned to have our favorite meal in the dining room, so I set the table to be extra-special.




My valentine sent me flowers at work:)

Then we let the kids decorate their own sugar cookie dessert.

We knew Hannah would dive in, but Jack actually ate his cookie too!

Jack gave his little sister a ride around the house on the back of his tricycle, and then we cleaned up all of our messes and got everyone to bed.

We had such a nice evening, but by the end of the day, I was so exhausted.  I think I may have fallen asleep before ten.  A family Valentine's Day is tiring!

The next day, Hannah had her party at school, and she was so excited about all of the treats and the fact that her big brother came with me - she gave me her biggest grin!

We hope your Valentine's Day was just as sweet!


No comments: