Friday, March 18, 2011

My Good Luck Charm

I am away from home, and I am homesick.  I miss my boys so much, and I can't wait to see them tomorrow when I get home.  I've been away since Wednesday morning, and I'm deciding that three nights away from Jack is simply too much.  My heart is lonely, and I want to snuggle him and check in on him as he sleeps in his little Buzz bed like I do every night when I'm at home.  I want to pull him into bed with me tomorrow morning when he'd usually come in too early and we'd cuddle before going downstairs for the morning.  I miss his hugs and kisses - his adorable laugh.  His run/skip to me when I pick him up from school each afternoon.

Lucky for me, my hubby has been taking good care of Baby Jack.  Today he went to Jack's St. Patrick's Day celebration at school, and then they made their way to a reptile expo.  I was actually sad I wasn't there - I missed out on the fun.  Tomorrow morning, Brad will take Jack to SoccerTots, and they'll have more good father-son bonding time.  I'm thankful for that, but I just want to be right there with them.  I'm thinking I'm never going away again.  Ever.

Lucky for me, Brad sent this picture last night to cheer me up.  Baby Jack in his St. Patrick's Day t-shirt I bought and then didn't get to see him wear!  He looks so grown up...where did my baby go?


Oh, how I can't wait to hug and kiss on those little cheeks!  And now, like a little kid who rushes off to bed on Christmas Eve so Santa will come faster, I'm going to sleep so that the morning will come, and I can head home to my little family whom I love so very much.

No comments: