Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beautiful Sunday

We got home today from our trip - one day late.  Poor Brad got very sick in the wee hours of Monday morning.  He ended up going to the emergency room and being treated for dehydration after a believed bout of food poisoning.  We couldn't make the trip home on Monday, so we stayed another day at the hotel to allow him to rest and regain some strength.  The kids and I relaxed at the hotel, watching cartoons, playing, and taking naps while Daddy was at the hospital.  I think they were so worn out from all of our other activities that they welcomed the down time.  When Daddy got back to the hotel, we headed to my Aunt Kathy's so he could rest.  Jack was so excited to be able to spend more time with everyone before we had to head home.

I do want to document our Sunday activities - it was such a lovely day:)  We decided to take the kids to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium.  It just recently opened, and we thought Jack would really enjoy it.  The aquarium is located inside this historic powerhouse in Downtown Cleveland, so its design and architecture was very unique.  I think Hannah had the best time out of all of us - so many of the tanks were right at her level:)


Inside the aquarium, they built this skylight so you can look straight up at the 215 ft. smokestack.

Arched walkways

Emperor Angelfish

Hannah and a giant gourami

Hannah meets another fishy

Lionfish

She liked the rays a lot

Shark tank

Shark jaws

See him coming right for us?

After we left the aquarium we took a little trip down memory lane.  We happened across my dad's high school by accident, and I was able to take some quick pictures from the car.  I don't think I'd ever seen the campus before, or at least if I did, I don't remember.  It's beautiful...looks a lot like a college, actually.


Then we decided to head back to my old neighborhood and show Jack the house that I lived in when I was his age.


Brad was willing, but I was too chicken to ask the owner if we could look around.  I was happy we drove by though:)

After our busy day, we headed back to the hotel for naps, and then that evening we went to a marina on Lake Erie for dinner and walked around a bit with my mom and dad and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jack (who our Jack refers to as Big Jack).  The weather was beautiful, and I was able to take some really great pictures on the lake.  I know some people think that the Cleveland area can't possibly be pretty, but these pictures prove them wrong.





Jack took this picture - I was very impressed with his composition skills.  I need to get that boy a camera for Christmas!

Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jack







It was a beautiful day, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our anniversary:)

*If you're wondering why there aren't that many pictures of Jack...my little man is going through a phase where he doesn't constantly want his picture taken:(  However, I assure you that he enjoyed his time at the marina as well!

PS - Also, a very Happy Anniversary to Grandma and Grandpa.  You've set a wonderful example for us to aspire to - thank you!  We love you both so much:)

No comments: