Monday, August 20, 2012

My Little Lovelies

Even though I haven't been blogging as regularly as I was (going back to work is hard!), my little lovelies have still been up to plenty, and I want to share!  Here's just a few little tid-bits from the last few weeks:

On Friday night, Hannah was exhausted.  I'm sure she's having a hard time adjusting to the "Mommy's back at work" schedule just like the rest of us, but on Friday, she didn't nap at school.  At all.  And she wouldn't nap when we got home - so this computes to a very sleepy Hannah Bear.  At about seven, she could stand it no longer.  My little angel pointed to the stairs, and when I asked, "Do you want to go night night?" she shook her head yes.  My heart burst with the adorableness, and then I promptly picked up the pieces and put that baby girl to bed.  Poor thing couldn't even wait for Daddy to get home...

*****

Earlier Friday evening, Jack's best friend came over to play and do some artwork.  They had a very good time.





When the play date was over and it was time for our friend to go home, Jack was trying to convince him to give Hannah Bear a kiss good-bye.  So do you know what he said?  

"She gives the best kisses!"

Mop. my. melting. heart. up. off. the. floor.

*****

When I pick Hannah up from school, as soon as she sees me, she makes the fastest bee-line for the door that I've ever seen.  And the whole time she's making her way over to me, she giggles and nearly hyperventilates with excitement.  It makes me smile because I know she loves me:)

*****

The other night, while we were cleaning the kitchen, Baby Girl was walking around playing with toys, when all of a sudden, she stopped to check out that gorgeous baby she saw in the oven door:)  So, so precious.  Seriously.

*****

We took Jack and Hannah to see the turtles again this weekend.  Feeding the turtles is definitely one of Jack's favorite things to do, and he was so impressed with the big guy we came across this weekend.  He really wanted us to pull him out and onto the pier, but he was so heavy, there wasn't a chance.  Keep in mind, it's a drumstick he's got in his mouth - that gives you some idea as to exactly how large he really was.  Jack kept saying, "He's monstrous alright," to all the people who came by.


*****
I baked cookies on Saturday.  Daddy and Jack didn't want any, but guess who did?



*****

Jack figured out how to dress like The Green Lantern.  That's all I can say about that:)



*****

And that, my friends, is just a bit about what we've been up to:)

No comments: