Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Party Details

So, if you know me, you know I'm sucker for party planning.  I love get-togethers.  I also love over-the-top, and since I'm not a celebrity, over-the-top does not equate to having a mini-circus in my backyard:)  Most of our get-togethers involve the same 14 people, but I still enjoy going all-out for big events, such as your little baby girl turning one!

I love hosting, even though I'm not that great at it, and I usually rely heavily on others to make things go swimmingly for the rest of my guests.  It's not a secret:)  But I just can't help it - I love party details.  I look for reasons to host parties and use party ideas that I've found in various places, mainly Etsy and Pinterest.

While I realize that it's been a few weeks since Hannah's party, I promised to share party details.  I'm proud of the way it all turned out, and I'm thankful for the creative women who helped my vision come together:)

Hannah's birthday outfit was ordered from here

The lunch food table room - I've decided the way to make party rooms special is to move the furniture around in an unexpected way:)  The Minnie Mouse banner was ordered from here.

 Table details

Hannah's birthday onesie was ordered here

The cake table

 More lunch table details - I was especially happy with my silverware roll-ups.  Also, we framed the invitation we'd previously sent out - I ordered that from here.

 The drink table

 The favor tags came in the set I ordered with the birthday banner.

Balloons and an "I am 1!" banner (also came with the other banner and the favor tags)

 Close-up of the high-chair banner

 Lunch table when it was all said and done

 My love affair with mason jars continues...I won't even tell you how long I searched for those hot pink straws:)

One day, I hope Hannah looks back at these pictures and sees how special this day was for us and knows just how loved she really is.







No comments: