Tuesday, May 3, 2011

28 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 28 weeks (and 1 day) - and so begins our third trimester!
Size of Baby: Peanut is about 16 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 2 1/2 pounds.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: Most likely, our baby girl is settling into the proper position for birth (which may apparently explain the pain in my rear end, literally).  She can also blink her eyes and may already be dreaming.  I wonder if she dreams about what I may look like the way I dream about her...
Total Weight Gain: I've officially gained thirty pounds.  The good news is that I only have 12 weeks to go, and I'm still 25 pounds away from matching my weight gain when I was pregnant with Jack.  I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I'm feeling like it's pretty unlikely, and that is making me very happy:)
Maternity Clothes: Yep.  And did you know that they make Spanx for pregnant people?  True story.  I love them because it makes me comfortable enough to wear dresses as the weather is getting warmer.
Movement: So much!  And now I'm not the only person who can see the belly move either:)
Sleep: While the body pillow helps with the comfort level, I keep getting so hot at night that I can't make it through the whole night with the body pillow.  I'm sure July is going to be wonderful in that respect:)
What I miss: Bending over easily.  Being able to eat Mexican food more.
Cravings: They've sort of tamed down this week.  I can't really think of anything I've been craving.
Symptoms: The baby belly is very itchy, but some cocoa butter oil seems to be helping with that.  I already mentioned the pain in my rear end:)  I also think the nesting mode is setting in because I've been getting things done like crazy around here!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: Definitely NOT the glucose test I have to take tomorrow morning. Probably the fact that Peanut's brother openly acknowledged the fact that his old bedroom is in fact "Baby Girl's" bedroom all on his own.  


No comments: