Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just Jack...Recently

I can't believe our little man is almost three years old - the time goes by way too fast.  I wish I could push pause...  Here are some of his latest sayings and doings that I want to remember always:

* Jack says "of course" all the time.  It's the cutest thing ever because he very clearly says it with my inflection, but if I ask him if he'd like a cookie or some more milk for example, he'll go, "Of course."  I can't get enough...

* He's constantly saying "watch me," or "look at me, Mama."  He loves to show off and wants to make us proud - he always succeeds:)

* He also says "Because, because, because..." in response to most questions.  I guess he just repeats it so many times to think of the real answer, but it's pretty darn cute either way.

* He can put puzzles together like a mad man.  I'm super impressed, but you'll have to take my word for it because while I thought of videotaping it, you'd probably fall asleep watching a video of someone else's kid putting together a puzzle.  You're welcome:)

* He still loves to snuggle.  Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

* After a trip to the reservoir to release a box turtle with Daddy, Jack was picking up rocks.  When Daddy asked him if he could put the rock down, Jack replied, "No, because because because I'm going to give it to Mommy and she'll love it forever and ever."  He then proceeded to pick up other rocks, but Daddy was able to convince him I'd only need one.  And so this very normal, every day rock is now a staple in my nightstand:)

* While he knows that Mommy is having a baby girl and he's going to be a big brother to a little sister, Jack is still convinced that he's having a boy.  This could be tricky...

* Jack is still learning how to conjugate the verb "do."  For example, one afternoon, he was telling me that Cuddlebug wanted to come into the bathroom with him, and I was trying to explain that she didn't want to.  He replied, "I think she doos."  I did correct him by saying, "You think she does?" but it's still the cutest thing under the sun.

* He compliments me, and my heart melts every time he does it:)  The other morning I came out of the bathroom from doing my makeup, and he said, "Oh Mommy you have your flower shirt on.  It's so pretty!"  This past weekend, as I was putting it into the washing machine, he asked, "Is that your flower shirt, Mommy?"  I think he's got the memory of an elephant...

*  He has very skilled negotiating skills.  In other words - I'm in trouble.  The other morning as we were preparing for SoccerTots, Jack asked if he could have some Oreos (this is at 9 am).  When I said no, he explained, "Okay, well we'll just take them in the car and then after SoccerTots we'll have a snack and we can eat them in the car.  I think that would be good idea, Mama."

Oh, we love him so much!

No comments: