Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today was a lovely day.  I woke to snuggles with my little man and beautiful flowers from him and his daddy.  We had a lazy morning and got ready for church; then Jack and I did our usual grocery shopping.  We met my family for lunch, and then came home and took one of our together naps in Jack's big boy room:)  We both slept very well, thankyouverymuch.  This afternoon, we did some straightening up around the house and then we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's for Steak Dinner Sunday.  It was a busy, but beautiful day...one that certainly made me think about how lucky I am to be a mommy:)

To my mom - you are an amazing mother.  You made this job look effortless, and I now know that it is so far from effortless.  It is self-sacrificing and hard and wonderful all at the same time, and (most days) I know that I am doing a good job because you taught me how.  Saying thank you is not enough, but there are no words...

To my grandma - thank you for all of the beautiful memories I have of being a little girl and spending time at grandma's house, especially the baking and chocolate-making:)  You are very special to me, and I am blessed to have you around as my babies are growing up.

To my mother-in-law - you welcomed me into your family long before Brad ever asked me to marry him.  I have never felt like an outsider or that I didn't belong, and I have you to thank for that.

And finally, to my wonderful husband, my sweet Baby Jack, and Peanut - you made me a mommy!  It is my most treasured role...my most important job.  I work every day to be great at it for you because you all deserve the best.  My life would be incomplete without each of you, and I hope you know how much I love you.  Thank you for giving me the greatest gifts on earth:)

No comments: