Thursday, May 19, 2011

30 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 30 Weeks (and 3 days)
Size of Baby: Peanut weighs a little over three pounds and will be gaining about 1/2 a pound each week for the next seven weeks.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: Baby's brain is growing and developing those characteristic grooves and wrinkles.  She can regulate her own body temperature now, so she'll be busy shedding her downy body hair that's been keeping her cozy.
Total Weight Gain: 32 pounds
Maternity Clothes: My clothes are almost strictly maternity clothes at this point...
Movement: Baby Girl is still a wiggle-worm, although she gave us quite a scare on Sunday when she didn't move around for most of the day.  After a quick trip to the hospital, we were assured that Baby is perfectly happy and healthy.  Maybe she was hiding or sleepy, but since our visit, she hasn't stopped letting me know she's there, and that's perfectly wonderful with me.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping really well.  Funny story - the nurse called last week and asked if I was feeling sluggish.  I laughed and explained that yes, indeed - I do feel sluggish, but I'm pregnant and have a nearly-three year old boy to chase after.  Apparently, my iron was really low, so now I'm on an iron supplement on top of my prenatal vitamins.  At least they aren't the size of horse pills.
What I miss: Honestly - Mountain Dew.  Badly.
Cravings: Hmmm...I haven't really had any cravings this week.
Symptoms: My hair and nails are growing like weeds.  The leg cramps that I'd avoided so well returned last Friday morning at 2:47 am.  I had them almost every night when I was pregnant with Jack, but this time around I was doing really well.  I would catch myself stretching a certain way and be able to prevent the cramp, but I must have been sound asleep.  Sure enough - searing pain in my calf.  My yelps actually woke Brad up, and it took me awhile to get back to sleep.  Luckily, it's only happened once, so keep your fingers crossed.
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: The reassuring graph that Peanut's heartbeat made as soon as they attached the fetal heart monitor to my belly Sunday night.  We were so worried, and what a sigh of relief...

No comments: