Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Aunt Kimmee!

Kimmee and I have known each other now for eight years, but it seems like we've known each other forever.  When I got my first teaching job, our students shared a bathroom that was housed between our two classrooms, and Kimmee and I immediately hit it off.  We found we had a lot in common, in some ways were polar opposites, and our personalities just clicked.  We'd sometimes show up to work dressed similarly; very often we'd find that we'd made some of the same purchases.  Students and parents alike asked us if we were sisters.  We never run out of things to talk about.  In the past eight years, each of us has gotten married, had babies, changed jobs...through it all, we've been there for one another.

Kimmee - I'm so lucky to have met you and to have you in my life.  Your friendship is very special to me, and I'm so glad that even though our lives have changed so much since we first met, we're still able to keep our friendship strong.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

No comments: