Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday...Alternately Titled: Reunited

{Please Note: I do not always get to blog every day, although most days I want to.  I just may not get the opportunity.  So occasionally I back-blog.  I can tell my story and set the date and time for a date that has already passed.  It works for me and my OCD/anal-retentive ways.  So just be sure to scroll down so you don't miss anything if you're one of my dear readers who likes to keep up with what we've been doing.}

Turns out that my little man did, in fact, miss his lovey.  Very much.  After sleeping without him for two nights, Jack asked us where Skinny Bear was.  And he actually asked with a little bit of a smirk/grin which leads me to believe that he knew we'd done something to Skinny Bear.  When we told him we didn't know, he seemed okay with that, and agreed to sleep with his back-up Skinnies.

But then Grandma told us that Jack had told her how much he missed Skinny Bear, with his head hanging low and sad.  And yesterday in the car, as I brought Jack home from school, he reiterated how much he missed Skinny Bear.  In secret, I choked back sobs.

So last night, at bedtime, we reunited Jack with Skinny Bear.  And what a happy boy he was!  He even told us the story about telling Grandma how much he'd missed him.  And reenacted the head hanging low and sad he'd shown her as well.  He's nothing if not dramatic:)

See how happy Jack is to have Skinny Bear back?


{I'm so glad that era isn't over just yet.}

No comments: