Monday, February 10, 2014

tonight

Today was a good day.  It's the first day in awhile when I haven't felt defeated, so that's always a good thing.

Pretty amazing since I made a new meal for dinner tonight and I'm the only one who liked it.  I've been trying to feed the little lovelies early, and then if they still want something else to eat, they can try what Brad and I are eating.

Jack and Hannah were happy and so sweet to one another.  Jack's teacher had a birthday today and gave cookies to the students in order to celebrate.  And Jack?  He actually saved an Oreo for his little sister, and gave it to her promptly when we came in to pick him up this afternoon.

And his teacher told me that they were all sharing what love meant to them, and do you know what Jack-Jack said?  He said, "Hannah."  Be still, my little heart.

He actually congratulated her tonight and gave her a high five when she successfully turned on her music and turned off her light all by herself (with the help of a step stool).

And then, when he tucked her into bed, and I bent down to say goodnight:

     Me - Hannah Bear, who's the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world?

     Hannah - I'm am.

     Me - Who's the best, best? (I only asked her this because the other night at dinner, she happily  
     announced that we were all the best.  Daddy, jokingly asked her, "Yeah, but who's the best, best?"
     and, without missing a beat, she responded, "I'm am.")  So anyway, I asked her, "Who's the best,
     best?"

     Hannah - Daddy is.

And I'm not even upset.  How can I be upset that she loves her daddy so very much that he's just the best thing she can imagine?  I can't.  It makes me so happy.

Oh, happy day.

No comments: