Tuesday, July 5, 2011

37 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 37 weeks (and 1 day)
Size of Baby: If Peanut is about the size of an average newborn, she weighs about 6 1/2 pounds.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: Baby Girl is practicing her breathing skills by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid.  She's also sucking her thumb, blinking, and rolling from side to side (and I can tell when she does)!
Total Weight Gain: 44 pounds
Movement: Definitely still a wiggle-worm.  Still feeling elbows and knees shift across the belly every day.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping, just not as well.  I roll from one side to the other all night, interrupted by bathroom breaks and the urge to organize in the middle of the night
What I miss: Wearing my wedding rings.  That's right - my fingers are so swollen that I had to pull them off (not an easy task) after the doctor suggested I do it before they may have to cut them off.  The good news is that even though my feet and ankles really hurt, I still don't have cankles:)
Cravings: Lemonade, puff pastries, and mango.
Symptoms: Still having Braxton Hicks contractions and all the other symptoms that go along with being nine months pregnant!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: Getting a whole bunch of girly goodies for the baby from Brad's parents and Aunt Jessica - thank you again!  Reaching the full-term point (although, I have to admit, I'm a tad bit confused.  I got an email from the hospital today, and it made it sound like 38 weeks was full term, so who actually knows?).  Having a great doctor's appointment today where I got to hear Peanut's heartbeat and get a little hope that maybe the doctor that delivered Jack will also get to deliver his sister.    I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

20 Bucks says that you have Baby Girl within a week!! Love you and you look great :)

Ryan

TheGrowingCunninghams said...

It was nice running into you today! Sorry I didn't have time to be more social, but I'm always counting heads in hopes of going home with all the children I started out with. You look GREAT.