Thursday, July 7, 2011

All in a Day's Work

Remember how I mentioned that keeping up with Jack and the adorable things he comes up with is nearly impossible?  Yeah, all of these things I'm about to share with you - they all happened today.  And today was a school day for Jack, so he wasn't even with me all day:)  Just imagine...

*It started like this:


This is exactly how Jack laid out his pajamas after taking them off to put on his swim trunks for Water Day at school.  I was under strict orders to not put them in the hamper because when he got home, he was "going to be Woody."  Does this remind you of anything?!  I'm noticing a pattern.

*After I dropped Jack off at school, I came home and started to put some laundry away.  When I walked into Jack's room, this is what I found:


Now - I was NOT surprised by the tortoise.  We've had the tortoise for a few weeks; his name is Tuck.  Jack really loves Tuck, and he especially loves the fact that he's allowed to touch and hold Tuck occasionally.  But, if you notice Tuck's sand, you'll notice that it appears as though he went sliding or skating.  Maybe you don't know a lot about tortoises, but I can assure you that they DO NOT slide and/or skate.  So someone (I'm not naming any names) must've taken Tuck and slid him through the sand all on his own.  And then kindly placed him on top of his lettuce (you know, so he can eat).  How kind of that someone...

*This evening, Jack and I made a quick stop at the grocery store for some orange juice, milk, and carrot cake (I'll explain the cake later).  Jack loves to ride around in the shopping carts that are also cars, and as he climbed in, he looked back at me and said, "Hey Mama, maybe {insert Baby Girl's name here} can ride in here with me."  I think he really is understanding this whole other person situation he's about to encounter.  Although we did talk about how we'd have to wait for her to get a little bit bigger.  I hope that when she's big enough to ride, Jack will still be small enough to fit in there with her because that will just be the cutest thing in the world.

*After dinner, Jack wanted a piece of carrot cake.  It was his idea to get the cake at the store, which surprised me because he doesn't really like sweets unless it's Oreos, Chips Ahoy, or gummy bears.  But I love carrot cake, and it was only a single layer cake, so I figured we'd give it a go.  Sure enough, he ate nearly an entire piece of carrot cake, and the funniest part was that before he'd take a bit, he'd close his eyes and slowly eat the bite.  Like he was savoring and fully enjoying every last bite - pretty much, the way I eat anything I absolutely love:)  I tried to get the video camera, but I just couldn't move fast enough to catch it.  But trust me when I say - it was absolutely to die for.

*While I was filling up the bathtub and Jack was supposed to be getting undressed and going to the bathroom, this is apparently what he was doing:



*And finally, during our bath tonight, I noticed Jack was repeating some of the lines from One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  He was filling a cup with water and pretending to put fish inside of it, and he was saying something about wishing for fish.  So, trying to be cool, I said something like, "Are you wishing for fish on your ish wish dish?"  (Straight from the book, mind you - I didn't make it up.)  Do you know what Jack said?  Jack said, "Mommy, it's just a blue cup."  Well, excuse me.

And that's just one day:)  I wonder what tomorrow has in store...

No comments: