Monday, July 18, 2011

39 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 39 Weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Girl probably weighs between seven and eight pounds.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: Her skin has lost its pinkish hue and appears more white.  Her brain is still rapidly growing.
Total Weight Gain: 49 lbs.
Movement: Yes, but every time she squirms, I feel like my belly may pop!
Sleep: If I can manage to stay cool enough, and I wear my wrist braces (see below), I can sleep well.  But it's definitely getting trickier and trickier...
What I miss: Being smaller.  And sleeping on my stomach!
Cravings: I haven't really been craving anything specific, but I've been eating like crazy.  And my sweet tooth might be a tad bit bigger than it was through the rest of the pregnancy (if I'm being honest).
Symptoms: More frequently occurring Braxton Hicks contractions.  Very swollen and sore hands.  I'm lucky enough to have developed pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome (hence the wrist braces) which causes my arms to go numb throughout the day and increasingly so at night.  I haven't been quite as hormonal this week, but I've been nesting like crazy.  Changing lightbulbs, reorganizing cabinets, vacuuming, disinfecting, cleaning out...insanity around these parts, but I just can't help it!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: Packing Baby Girl's hospital bag and getting to listen to Peanut's heartbeat - which once again caused a doctor to say, "Ooohh, she's a wild one."  Yes, that's what they tell me.  Almost every time I go, in fact.  We'll see what tomorrow's appointment brings!


No comments: