Monday, August 29, 2011

Just Jack

My little man's been cracking us up, as usual...enjoy these little snippets, why don't you?

*****

While organizing train track pieces with his daddy, Brad informed him that a piece didn't fit with another piece.  Jack's response?

"I submit that it does."

A phrase he learned from his daddy, no doubt.  But we were pretty impressed that he used it correctly:)

*****

Jack and Daddy ran up to Walgreens the other night to pick up a prescription.  On the way home, they were playing a game they call "favorite things."  Apparently, Brad asked Jack what Daddy's favorite things were.  Jack came up with this list:

medicine
food
red lights and green lights

Too funny!

*****

Before heading off to work the other day, Brad asked Jack to "be a good boy for mommy."  As Jack gave kisses and hugs and waved goodbye, he shouted, "Be a good daddy!"

*****

The following is a conversation I observed between Jack and Hannah:

Jack: Hannah, you came out of mommy's belly.  That must've been fun!

Hannah: {crickets}

Jack:  I know...it took a really long time, huh?

Hannah: {crickets}

(He didn't seem to mind her lack of response in the least, thank goodness.)

*****

While clarifying what he wanted for dinner, Jack told me that he wanted "regular noodles.  Not other noodles.  Those are not my favorite.  I just want regular noodles, Mama."  Meaning, buttered noodles instead of noodles with spaghetti sauce.  Got it.  Coming right up!

*****

The other morning, Hannah Bear was a bit fussy, and I must have said something to Jack like, "She did not like that."

He chimed in with, "Not one little bit.  She did not like it, not one little bit."

I knew it came straight from a book I've read to him, but I couldn't place it right then.  I thought I'd ask Jack.

Without even stopping to think about, he replied, "The Cat in the Hat."

Right you were, my smart little man.

*****

Because one day he'll say these words correctly, and I'll want to cry, I'm noting them hear so I can always remember...

mogurt = yogurt
bringrilla = umbrella

No comments: