Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Newborn Photo Shoot

When I had Jack, I didn't leave the house for what felt like months.  I just couldn't get it all together - I wasn't feeling well, I was nervous about having to feed him in public, and the list of things I all of a sudden had to carry with me felt too overwhelming.  Needless to say, he was seven weeks old before I had his first professional pictures taken, and it's one of my biggest regrets.  I hadn't realized that you're really supposed to get newborn pictures taken within the first two weeks.

I knew that if we had more babies, I wanted to have newborn photos taken, but I also knew that they are very expensive.  The more I practiced with my camera, the more I thought I may be able to take the pictures myself.  If the project ended in failure, I could always rush to a studio...really, what was the worst that could happen?

Turns out the worst that could happen is that Baby may not sleep as soundly as you'd hoped and may go to the bathroom on every backdrop you have:)  But the pictures I got of my little girl at just 13 days old?  Let's just say, I'm very pleased!













Not bad, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful :) (and so is she!)