Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Latest Compliment

***Warning - If you don't want to hear a story about boogers, don't read the following!***

So for the past few days, Jack's been a little congested.  He hates to be congested, and he'll usually announce, "Mama, I got the boogers," which I happen to think is quite cute, but I do realize that it's because he's mine.

Tonight, I had to leave Daddy and Jack at bedtime because Hannah was super fussy and needed to be taken care of.  Over the monitor I heard Jack announce that "he had the boogers," and I could tell Daddy was doing his best to help Jack feel better.  

When I finally went back in to snuggle with Jack, I assumed all was well.  But before I was getting ready to leave, Jack said, "Mama, I got the boogers.  Daddy tried to get them, but you have to.  You're the best getter."

Is it weird that I felt a sense of pride from that statement?


No comments: