Monday, August 23, 2010

Back to School

Well, today was the day.  And I. am. tired. 

Yes, that's right - today, I went back to work after my two month summer vacation.  It was rough, I'm not gonna lie.  I was really proud of myself this morning when I woke up at 6:00 after a good night's sleep and got up to get into the shower right away.  Usually, I roll back and forth all night long and hit the snooze button several times before I get up, but not this morning.  Super happy.

I got myself and Jack ready in plenty of time, and we headed off to school. On our way to daycare, Jack kept saying, "Not today," because during the summer days he spent with me, we'd drive past and he'd say, "No school," and I'd say, "Nope, not today." I felt so bad because I kept trying to tell him, "Yep today, sweetheart." But we made it without tears, and he had a really good day today. Mama was a little nervous after his week at home with his little tummy bug:(

12:30 rolled around, and I missed my nap.  At about 2:30, I realized I have to do this every day for the next nine months!  It's so hard to get back into the swing of things.

We had an all-day meeting today (yeah, gotta love those), but we all had a chance to share our summer experiences through pictures.  Truly, right up my alley:)  Take a look at the summer collage I made:


Hope you had a happy Monday!

No comments: