Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Fragments

*Today, Jack graduated from the toddler classroom.  I received a call from his school asking if we wanted to transition him up to the two-year old room a week early because they have an opening.  We've been eagerly awaiting this transition - especially since Jack has been potty-trained since mid-July.  I'm so sad that he won't be with the Toddler teachers anymore because I know how much they (especially Miss Tab and Miss Becca) love Jack, but I'm so proud that our little boy is moving on up (and yet, I'm oddly wishing I could stop time)!  I've been talking to Jack about moving up to the "big boy room" on Monday, and he seems very excited about it, but I can't tell if he really understands or not.  I guess we'll find out during Monday morning drop off.  I know he's going to be so excited about being able to use the potty at school, too:)

*While I was on the phone with Kimmee this afternoon, I heard Jack clomping up the stairs and rolling back the door to the closet in his bedroom.  Can you guess what he was doing?  Yes...randomly, without any mention at all, he decided he wanted to wear his boots.  He practiced putting his socks and his boots on and off for about an hour.  The boy's got some stamina. 

*Oh.my.word.  Jack's Halloween costume was delivered today, and I am so excited because he actually put it on (I was a little worried!) and he LOVES it:)  And, I've gotta say, it might be the cutest, darn costume I've EVER seen.  No, I'm not telling; you must wait.  But my goodness...absolutely priceless.

*Tomorrow we have a fun, family day planned.  We're going to take Jack to a reptile show in the morning (exciting, I know), and then in the afternoon, we're taking him to see Curious George Live.  I hope he'll like it!

TGIF!

No comments: