Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Musings

After this weekend's events, it became very clear to Brad and I that Jack is still a bit too young for a live stage show.  We figured out that we spent $116.80 total for our Curious George event, and really, we could have gone and purchased the light up, spinning monkey wand and a balloon for $20 and Jack would have been just as happy:)  You live and you learn...
***************

In other news, this morning was Jack's first day in the two year-old classroom at school, and let's just say, he cried, and I cried, and it wasn't pretty.  It was actually pretty horrible.  Poor little man had to go in early this morning because I had to train teachers today, which means I had to wake him up early to get there in time.  I went into his room at about 6:30 this morning, and he was sound asleep with his little tushy up in the air - I would have snapped a photo but I was just too super-emotional and a little bit rushed, but my goodness - I love it when he sleeps like that.  Let's me think he really is still a baby!  Anyway, we'd been talking about going to the "big boy class" all weekend, and he seemed pretty excited.  He stayed really excited - until we got there.  It's a good thing Miss Tab was in the building because after I pried Jack off of me and left him with someone he did not want to be with, I ran into his old room and cried onto her shoulder.  She was having a rough morning too, what with Jack not coming to her room and all.  She promised to check in on him throughout the day so I felt okay leaving to go to work.

The good news is that after I left and set up my training room, I called the school to see if he was still wailing his head off, and Miss Shannon happily reported that Jack was in the library looking at books with a big smile on his face.  I felt so much better! 

When I picked him up this afternoon, the teachers said that he had a great day.  He spent all day in his underpants - no accidents - and was dry after his nap!  What a proud mama mommy am I!  Apparently, the big goal in the two year-old room is potty-training.  It would appear that Jack has met this goal, solidifying my belief that he is, in fact, a child prodigy:)

Hopefully, drop-off will be a little bit smoother tomorrow.  Keep your fingers crossed because I don't think my little heart can take much more.

****************

Perhaps you noticed that "mommy" replaced "mama" in the story above.  Apparently, when you move into the two year-old room, it isn't cool to say "mama" anymore.  I realized this afternoon that Jack hasn't called me "mama" all weekend, only "mommy."  What?!?!

****************

Tonight we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, and pineapple bits for dinner.  I didn't even give Jack the corn because I knew it was a lost cause, but I thought I would give everything else a try.  First, he ate every single pineapple bit, one right after the other.  He ate all of his meatloaf.  He didn't touch his mashed potatoes - so much for that!  Then, he looked at me with this big grin on his face, and said, "I eat my chicken all done!"

Oh, I love him.

*******************

PS - While previewing this post, I was alerted that there was "an intergalactic emergency" in Jack's room (aka - Jack rolled over onto Buzz Lightyear in his sleep).

PPS - When going in to remove Buzz Lightyear in order to prevent any future intergalactic emergencies, I apparently woke Jack up because when I got back to my room to publish said post, he cried over the monitor that he had to go potty.  That's my boy:)

No comments: