Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunny Cleveland, Part I

So I mentioned here that we went to Sunny Cleveland last weekend for my family reunion.  We had a blast, but the visit was way too short.  I wish we lived closer to my mom's family:(

On Friday, we packed up our things and headed to BWI for Jack's first airplane ride.  We'd been getting him excited about it all week, talking about how he was going to ride in airplane and "won't that be fun?" and all of that good stuff, but we weren't really sure how it would go. 

Jack is a champ.  He absolutely loved it! 

Prior to takeoff

Looking out Daddy's window

What a smile!

I'm not good at flying.  At all, in fact.  I hate it.  But as I was white-knuckled and clutching the arm rests like they could save my life during takeoff, Jack happily screamed out for a large section of the plane to hear, "This is so fun!"  I was very glad he was so happy - it made for a much easier flight.

We got to Sunny Cleveland (by the way - I call it Sunny Cleveland because usually it's never sunny when we're there), and it was actually a beautifully, sunny day.  We got our rental car, met back up with our puppies (Ryan and John had kindly driven them to Ohio so as not to have to fly with one baby and two small dogs), checked into our hotel, and headed over to Aunt Kathy's where my parents were waiting for us.  We had a nice, relaxing evening at her house.  Jack didn't relax so much, but the rest of us did.  Jack learned how to roll down a hill, thanks to Aunt Kathy.  Check out these pictures:


And not only that, but I have a video for you as well. 


I may be nearing thirty, but I still know how to have a good time:)  Once we came inside, Jack was able to relax a little more.

He confiscated this stuffed polar bear from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Jack's bed.

Snuggled with Daddy a bit (chewing on his fingers = getting very sleepy)...

and then snuggled with Grampy before heading back to the hotel for a very late bedtime.

It was a very fun night.  More to come about the reunion later on this week!

No comments: