Thursday, June 9, 2011

33 Weeks





Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 33 weeks (and 3 days)
Size of Baby: Peanut weighs about four and a half pounds and could possibly have grown another inch.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: At 33 weeks, the amniotic fluid has maxed out, and there is likely more baby than fluid in the belly.  She closes her eyes when sleeping and opens them when she's awake.  She can also now differentiate between night and day since light can filter through the belly.  Her immune system is growing strong, and antibodies are being passed from me to her to help protect her from germs once she's born.
Total Weight Gain: As of today, I've gained 36.5 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: This week I bought some new jammies, thinking ahead for my hospital stay.  I haven't been so comfy lately in my pajamas, and so my new pants without an elastic waist and a yoga band are fabulous!
Movement: Not as much this week because I think she's running out of room, but when she does move, it's pretty strong.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping really well!
What I miss: Being able to snuggle real close with Jack.  This morning when he cuddled up in bed next to me, he said, "Mama, there's no room for Jack."  Poor thing...
Cravings: Fruit - I'm convinced that the reason I've gained less weight this time around is due to the fact that I've been eating fruit and veggies like they're going out of style.  With Jack, I ate lots of cookies.  And cake.  And pudding.
Symptoms: My body temperature is way up.  My shins and calves feel very tight, and my feet still hurt on most days.  Several people have commented that they think the baby has dropped and that they think she may be early.  We'll see...we'd like to make it to 37 weeks at the very least!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: I bought the baby a little onesie with a tutu attached to it, and I gave it to Jack to show to Daddy.  When Jack walked up to Daddy with it, and Daddy asked who it was for, Jack said, "{insert baby girl's name} Bear," in his sweetest voice.  It was the cutest thing ever, and our hearts just melted.


No comments: