Tuesday, June 14, 2011

34 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 34 weeks (and 1 day)
Size of Baby: Peanut weighs about five pounds, although the doctor mentioned that my belly is measuring a little small, like around 31 or 32 weeks so maybe she weighs a little less.  Jack was 7 1/2 pounds when he was born, so we'll see...
Baby's Developmental Milestones: Most likely, her fingernails have reached her fingertips at this point.
Total Weight Gain: 38 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: My maternity clothes are starting to feel too small - not a good feeling.  Just four more days of work before summer break, and then the clothing issue won't be so stressful!
Movement: She's busy, busy, busy...especially late in the evening and in the middle of the night.
Sleep: I'm not sleeping as well as I was.  I'm having to get up more than once a night to go to the bathroom, and once I'm up, I can't shut my brain off long enough to fall back to sleep.  Constant running to do lists.  And if I do fall back asleep, crazy, crazy dreams.
What I miss: Being smaller.
Cravings: Peaches and watermelon.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions like crazy...actually paying attention now to see if there are more than four an hour.  The doctor thinks she's now head down and causing lots of pressure.  I'm still feeling very warm.  And obviously huge.
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: I got to hear Peanut's heartbeat this afternoon at my doctor's appointment:)  Also, her diaper bag arrived with her monogram, and it's so precious and girly.


No comments: