Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Father's Day was a lovely, fun, family-filled day.  After church and a quick run to the grocery store, Jack and I gave Daddy his presents.  He liked his new shirts (especially the Sesame Street t-shirt that Jack picked out for him), but he really loved his new vacuum.  I know that sounds funny - but you would have thought I hung the moon.  He hasn't stopped vacuuming since:)

We met Brad's parents for lunch at Red Robin, and it was so yummy.  Jack loves getting to visit with his grandma and grandpa, and he was so excited to give Grandpa his Father's Day present...mostly because he likes to help with the opening:)  After lunch, we came home and put Jack down for a nap.  We worked on the nursery for a little bit - it's mostly done (can't wait to show you) - and then I started to make southern-style banana cream pudding to have for dessert.

That evening we had my parents and Ryan and John over for Sunday Steak Dinner.  It was so yummy, and we got to eat in the dining room with my new colorful napkins since we had company.  Jack was so excited about the change of scenery:)  The napkins didn't last long though - we had a little milk spill and most of them ended up soaking up some of the mess, but all those colors looked rather beautiful together on our black tablecloth.  I should've taken a picture...

To my dad - no matter how old I get, I still feel like your little girl.  I'm glad that I can still come to you with questions and if I need help.  You're loving and kind-hearted, and I love watching you with Jack.  I can't wait to see you with Peanut.  Thanks for all you do!

To my grandpa - I miss you and I wish that you had had the chance to meet these sweet babies of mine.

To my father-in-law - I love being a part of your family.  You give great advice, and you pick on me just enough for it to still be fun:)  Thank you!

And finally, to my sweet, sweet baby Brad - watching you in your role as Daddy is an amazing journey and I'm glad I get a front seat.  Having Jack has changed you in ways I can't explain, but it makes me love you even more than I thought possible.  I can't even imagine what life will be like once Peanut arrives, but I can't wait to find out and to share it with you.  You are an amazing father, and I'm lucky that we get to share our most important job together. 

No comments: