Tuesday, June 28, 2011

36 Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 36 weeks (and 1 day)
Size of Baby: Peanut weighs about six pounds and is probably about 20 inches long.
Baby's Developmental Milestones: At this point, all of Baby Girl's systems are a go, and her digestive system will kick into gear as soon as she arrives.
Total Weight Gain: 42 1/2 lbs. - I'm still holding out hope that my weight gain won't match what it was when I was pregnant with Jack.
Maternity Clothes: It's so much easier to get dressed in the morning now that I don't have to go to work every day:)
Movement: Yes, but not as much.  I think she's running out of room!  I'm pretty sure she's had the hiccups twice this week though...
Sleep: I haven't been sleeping as well.  I get way too hot at night (so much so that I've considered sleeping on the basement couch) and I have to get up every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom.  And getting up in itself is a task because I have to roll off the bed in the least graceful way you could imagine.
What I miss: Having Jack sit on my lap easily...
Cravings: Cereal and lemonade.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks and a few headaches here and there.  Constant trips to the bathroom.  Feeling like a furnace.  Achy legs and feet...but nothing that isn't totally worth it!
Best Pregnancy Moment this Week: A box of girly photo props that I ordered for Peanut's newborn photos came this week, and when I opened it up and saw the adorably feminine blankets and hats, I have to admit, I squealed with delight.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? Mom has some basket in her room and the other day I was like, "Erika could totally stick the baby in there for a great picture!!"

You're rubbing off on me :)