Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer, I Love You

Not only was today the official first day of summer, but it was actually my first day of summer vacation as well.  And I'm already loving it:)

While initially I wasn't thrilled about the idea of being big and pregnant through July, I'm now looking forward to the time I have to spend with just Jack before his sister arrives.  This time is also going to help me get ready and allow me some extra time for nesting without having to take leave before the baby arrives.  I've already started washing baby clothes and getting her room ready - I feel more prepared today than I felt yesterday in case she were to come a little early.

Today, I took Jack to the doctor for his yearly check-up and then dropped him off at school.  I thoroughly enjoyed a prenatal massage {thanks to a gift card from my sister:)} and then spent the rest of my day making to-do lists, getting organized, going through paperwork, and napping before I went to pick Jack up.

Today was perfect, and tomorrow I get to spend my day with my little man.  Is there any better way to spend a summer day?  I think not.

No comments: