Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Morning in the Life of a Working Mommy

For those of you who may be grossed out by this story, Brad, after hearing it this evening, requested that I post it on the blog for our records...

This morning started just like any other, with snuggles from my little man before we headed downstairs to take care of the puppies and get something to eat.  I got Jack all set up with his breakfast and some cartoons and then came up to take my shower.  A few minutes before I was ready to get out, this is what transpired:

Jack comes running in announcing that Cuddlebug ate his cereal bar (mind you - this is not the first or even the 10th time that this has happened).  He seemed okay to know that I would give him another one when I was finished getting ready, and then he quickly announced that he had to go potty.  He immediately started taking off his pants and heading for the potty, but he was upset that I couldn't help him fix his underpants (which were inside out) right away.  I promised to do it in a minute, and he ran out the door.  I assumed he wanted to use his bathroom, but then seconds later, he came in with brand new, right-side out underpants he'd collected from his room, and set them out on the floor next to his pajama bottoms.  Clearly, he did not get his patience from me;)

About a minute later, he shouts over the water, "Okay, Mommy, come wipe my butt!"  As many times as I've modeled the use of the word "tushy," it hasn't caught on in this certain circumstance.  It's definitely not my favorite phrase, but okay, either way - it must be done.  I shouted back that I'd be there in a second, and started to rinse my hair.

The next thing I know, he's announcing that he's all clean.  Quickly followed by (simultaneously, I might add), "Mommy, there's poop on my finger!" and Cuddlebug coming in and throwing up a half-chewed cereal bar in the middle of the bathroom floor.

Lovely.  Remind me again why I take a shower every morning?!?!  And why haven't I learned that I need an extra 30-45 minutes in my getting ready schedule to handle such impromptu situations that require some extra time in the morning?!?!

No comments: